Upon review of the many accomplishments of Vilano Beach Main Street, Inc., please consider a generous donation to sustain the ongoing efforts.
We sincerely THANK YOU!
Other ways to give - Amazon Smile!
Feb. 2021 - A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway is now attained All American Road designation. This corridor is the second so named in the state of Florida and is the highest level of accomplishment in the program. Vilano Beach is among ten distinct communities along the byway adding to the uniqueness.
We are now a nationally accredited Main Street Community ! 2016; 2017; 2018; 2019; 2020; 2021
The Vilano Beach Town Center Project has been the recipient of several regional planning awards, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection Sustainable Florida Award, and a Merit Award given by the Secretary of State from Florida Main Street for Outstanding Public Improvement for its Town Center Streetscape. The project has received over $25 million in grants for public improvements, including $4.1 million from the Florida Forever Florida Communities Trust to purchase the historic Fiddler’s Green property on the ocean end of the Town Center to be used as an oceanfront park, community and special events center for permanent public use, sea turtle nesting center, and waterfront access. On October 17, 2008, the community held a Streetscape Completion Celebration marking a significant milestone in its vision.
Secretary of State - Outstanding Service Awards
2019 - Merit Award for Outstanding Florida Main Street Special Event
Vilano Music Fest
2018 - Florida Main Street Recognition - 15 Years
2015 - Merit Award for Outstanding Image Promotions
Vilano and the North Beaches Arcadia Publication
2014- Merit Award for Florida Main Street Promotions
Merit Award for Florida Main Street Promotions - Image Development
2013- Outstanding Florida Main Street Rehabilitation Project
Magic Beach Motel
Merit Award for Florida Main Street Promotions
Vivian C. Browning
Merit Award for Florida Main Street Special Event
Plastic Bottle Boat Race
2013 - Florida Main Street Recognition - 10 Years
2012- Outstanding New Construction Project
Publix Anchored Town Center Retail Complex
2008 - Secretary of State Merit Award for Outstanding Public Improvement for Vilano Beach Town Center
Main Street - Town Center Streetscape
2005 - Florida Planning & Zoning Association - Public Design Award
2002 - 1st Coast Chapter of the Florida Planning & Zoning Association
Master Planning Award for the Vilano Beach Town Center
2002 - Vilano Beach Waterfronts Council for Sustainable Florida Award
Following are just a few accomplishments from 1999 to 2019:
- Private residential Town Home project commenced - 2019 - phased completion for 49 units
- Private Hotel Developments commenced - 2019 for completion in 2020 - 2 hotels and 170 rooms
- Designation as a Office of Greenways and Trails - Florida Trail Town - 2018
- Public Fountain beautification - Mosaics depicting history of Vilano Beach - 2016
- Florida State Main Street Program of the Month - March 2016
- Encouragement and restoration of historic properties in the Town Center - 2011 - 2015
(Magic Beach Motel; Vilano Garden Inn, 180 Grill, 165 Vilano Rd)
- Enhancement of the Nature Boardwalk public art mosaics - 2013
- Installation of the docks at the Vilano Pier - 2012
- Economic development with the opening of Publix in 2012 and adjacent retail complex
- Completion and celebration of the Streetscape and stormwater management - 2008
- Gateway signage and landscaping of the entrance to Vilano Town Center, 1999-2000
- Stormwater Management Plan -- grant from St. Johns River Water Management District, 1999
- Development/Approval of the North Coastal Corridor Zoning Overlay District established with a Design Review Board in place for mixed-use zoning for Town Center, commercial and multi-family construction which defines the desired community characteristics, and a Design Guidelines Brochure completed
- Growth Management Award by 1000 Friends of Florida for Visioning, 2000
- Construction of Nature Greenway Boardwalk, linking the residential area to the north with the Town Center to the south. Florida Inland Navigation District grant, 2001. Grand Opening was held in 2002.
- Town Center & Streetscape Master Plan completed with Waterfronts Florida technical assistance
- Application/receipt of a grant to build two waterfront pavilions at the pier and the beach
- Design and Permitting of two waterfront pavilions at the pier and the beach
- Vilano Pier Pavilion constructed with Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) and Florida Coastal Management Program grants, 2001-2002
- Opening and dedication of the Beach and Fishing Pier Pavilions
- Council for a Sustainable Florida Award, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, presented by Governor Bush and his Cabinet, 2002.
- Northeast Florida Planning and Zoning Association Master Design Planning Award, 2002
- Designated by the Board of County Commissioners as a Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) with Tax Increment Financing to aid in the funding of projects for Town Center, Community Center & Surfside Park, 2002.