A Celebration of Coastal Living
VILANO BEACH TOWN CENTER
Saturday, November 10th
Decorating begins now until 2 pm on Saturday
Final judging starts at 4 pm. Scores tallied by 5 and awards at 5:30 pm in the Publix Plaza
Trees stay decorated until January 31st
Thanks are extended to our judges:
Tony Bosco, Chair of St. Johns County Roundtable & Preident of StAR
Claire Kendrick, local artist intenationally acclaimed,
and Staey Sather, Creative & Advertising Manager, St. Johns County VCB.
Criteria -- Creativity, Theme, Artful Effect
1. S.S. Vilano -- Modern Building Solutions (Bruce had a good eye for this one)
2. Shrimp Boats Are a Coming, There's Dancing Tonight -- Creekside Dinery and Saltwater Cowboys
3. The Tin Man, "Follow the Vilano Brick Road" -- Magic Beach Motel and OceanView Lodge
Special Merit Award
> What I Wish for People with Leukemia -- Mrs. Howatt's Ketterlinus Elementary Third Grade Class
(individual notes by students on cards laminated and posted on the tree for closer reading.)
1. I love My Vilano Beach Publix -- Publix Store 1231
2. Peacock -- The Adyton Group
3. Down by the Seashore -- Aldrich and Ciesla Families
4. Octopus's Garden -- Haley's Court
Vilano Beach Main Street Program invites Businesses, Community Groups, Artists, Schools and Individuals to bring your talents and imagination to decorate hundreds of Vilano Road palm trees. The entire street is lined with palms identified for holiday decorating. In the spirit of the season, some lighted areas will be decorated by the Town Center Main Street group with bulbs, lights and dolphins. Remaining palms will be left for decorating by the participating public.
How? A $25 entry fee will reserve your palm. If you wish to adopt more than one palm, pricing for the second is $15 and for the third $5. We want as many palms "Dressed" as possible!!!!
The Challenge: Decorate the tree to promote your school, business, or creatively as you please.
When: Palms may be decorated from noon until 5 pm on November 10th.
Judging: Begin all this week til 4 pm on Sat. Nov 10th. Awards at 5:30 pm.
The Reward: Cash Prizes
FIRST PLACE $300 • SECOND PLACE $150 • THIRD PLACE $75
Celebrations: Entertainment and festivities continue along Town Center properties.
To reserve and for more information visit www.VilanoBeachFL.com
event sponsored by Vilano Beach Main Street and North Shores Improvement Association
A 501(C)(3) Not for profit Corporation
Conditions of participation:
- NO PALM SHALL BE HARMED OR PERMANENTLY COLORED OR CHANGED WITH DECORATIONS.
- Decorations must be tied or wrapped around trees. (No nails or screws allowed. No glue; no paint or permanent markings allowed on trees)
- Lighting may be creatively devised from solar or battery power. (Electrical outlets are not available. No extension cords are allowed.)
- A general design concept drawing must be submitted for review by the Palms Committee for appropriateness and weatherproof durability.
- Sponsors of the palms are responsible for monitoring weatherability and cleanup for the period of display - November through January.
- Recognition placards will identify sponsors.
Pay for your palm below:
Fill out Sponsor Name